Monday, March 17, 2014

One thing that i read during my pintrest adventures was that when it comes to promoting a healthy culture in the class room, it is something that is strictly on the teacher. When it comes to teaching in America i know its something that needs to be done because of how diverse of a nation we are. One of the things i really enjoyed about this article was that it really simplified things for me. I am not an education major, however this article made it so i could understand how this is a real problem, and also understand that it is something that i could do. It made me realize the real challenges teachers face behind the scenes. I know when i look at a teacher, all i see is someone who is going to teach me the lesson plan, not someone who is worried about me being comfortable with my history and background in the class. It is a real eye opener to what some of the stresses are for teachers, it boils it down so you can understand there is much more at play than just the teachers lesson plan, but her plan to make every child feel like their important and wanted in class. I know dating back to when we were learning about children at risk, that i did not think that this would have something to do with keeping a diverse positive attitude. It is something that i feel will be able to help keep kids in school if it is properly utilized.

<http://racebridgesforschools.com/wp/?p=2130 >

No comments:

Post a Comment