Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I am an athletic person who derives most of my strength from being very competitive. It is the way I was raised and it’s the way I will raise my children as well. What makes me well, me is being able to push my limits farther than I had previously thought was possible. It is something that makes a very rewarding experience, to know that you were able to take something that mentally you thought you had no chance at doing, and surpass your previous goals. I am currently in my full time job, and I was able to get this job because I was able to push my limits and succeed at a very demanding internship, with a very demanding boss and come out on top. I was able to do this because I looked at the other interns as competition, and that made me perform better.
                I speak English and Spanish, I am a firm believer that you need to be bilingual, because times are changing for the good of things and there are vast amounts of different ethnicities in America. I am trying to teach myself German, however that is not going to well, but I am doing it because I want to be able to say that I can speak multiple languages. I derive most of my strength from my family. They raised me and made me the man who I am today. They gave me my competitive edge that was able to make me become more interested in school. At a young age I was taught if I was good at a sport and was able to maintain good grades that I would have the world open to me as far as choosing a college goes.

                I have had the same best friend since I moved to my house 16 years ago. His name is ben and him I are as competitive as it comes. Most people think we are brothers because we are always together and competing like siblings. It is something that him and I are able to use to push ourselves to the limits. I know everyone has best friends, but not everyone have been able to keep theirs throughout 16 years and also going to different colleges. It is something that I feel has assured me that we will be best friends for the rest of our lives. I feel that being competitive and being able to push yourself in day to day life is something that pushes me to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment